MSAID is looking for a junior software developer proficient in C++ to work at our office at the university campus in Garching, near Munich, Germany.
We are an innovative bioinformatics spin-off from the Technical University of Munich. Our interdisciplinary team specializes in the development of state-of-the-art deep learning and analytics pipelines for high-throughput protein analyses and we are looking for a strong candidate to enlarge our development team.
The precise identification and quantification of proteins is a crucial step in the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases. Mass spectrometry-based proteomics is a powerful toolbox for the simultaneous analysis of thousands of proteins and represents the go-to technology for biomarker research and drug discovery. However, current data analysis solutions often rely on simple concepts that remained unchanged for decades – a challenge we aim to resolve.
- You contribute to the creation of a deep learning-based protein analysis software to aid the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases
- You develop small and performant tools in line with the “Unix philosophy”
- You contribute to continuous integration and deployment (DevOps)
- You establish best practices for distributed computing
- Degree in Computer Science / Bioinformatics and related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented C++ development and its toolchain
- Proficient with basic SQL and bash / shell programming
- Highly motivated, independent learner with curiosity to explore new fields
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- The possibility to work on a “hot-topic” in the life science field with the possibility to create software with real impact on research and patient care
- Environment for continuous professional development including event and conference visits with responsibility early on
- Young and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy
- Relaxed startup atmosphere with a competitive salary
We look forward to receiving your comprehensive application as a single PDF file including your earliest starting date (to Dr. Martin Frejno): firstname.lastname@example.org